With a four-season climate, living in the Delaware Valley means enjoying the beauty of nature all year long—that is, until heavy storms or snowmelt start causing issues with water inside your home! At Worthington Waterproofing, we are a local company that is three generations strong in providing full-service waterproofing solutions throughout the area, and we know that prevention is the key to protecting your family’s home from unexpected water damage.
Sump pumps are common throughout the Delaware Valley, and they offer an efficient and effective solution for keeping your basement protected—before the next storm hits—and we can help you get the high-quality system that you need for ensuring that your family stays safe and dry in any weather.
What is a Home Sump Pump System?
The first step in understanding the benefits of having a sump pump installed in your home is learning more about exactly what this system does for basement waterproofing!
As a small pump that is installed in the basement or crawlspace of a home, sump pumps work in conjunction with specially constructed sump pits. When these pits fill with water due to natural water migration through the ground and heavy rainfall, the sump pump will pump the water out of the pit and away from the building structure—keeping your basement perfectly dry.
What Types of Sump Pumps are Available?
At Worthington Waterproofing, we believe in the power of sump pumps when it comes to preventing water damage, but we also know that it can be confusing to determine which type of pump is right for the needs of your home. There are several types of sump pumps available on the market today, including:
- Primary sump pumps that are the industry standard for homes and come in a submersible or pedestal style depending on the needs of your property.
- Battery-backup sump pumps that allow for full operation even if a storm knocks out your power—giving you peace of mind knowing your basement will stay dry.
- Combination sump pumps that combine the best of primary and battery-backup models to give you the ultimate home protection in the event of flooding.
What Benefits Can I Expect with a Sump Pump Installation?
With a high-quality sump pump comes long-term benefits, and our basement waterproofing professionals can help you choose the ideal system for the size, location, and needs of your home. Whether you want a top-of-the-line model or a basic pump as reassurance in the event of a flooding emergency, you can expect to receive benefits with your investment that include:
- Flooding prevention in the basement of your home.
- Lowered risk of dangerous mold and mildew growth.
- Greater property value and a solid home foundation.
- Prevention of electrical fires due to decreased risk of water.
Learn More About the Value of a Quality Sump Pump by Contacting Us Today!
When you’re ready to move forward with Delaware Valley basement waterproofing, getting more information on the various sump pumps available is a great place to start, and Worthington Waterproofing is the company you can trust for the friendly, customer-first service that you deserve. Learn more about the benefits of sump pumps and our other basement waterproofing solutions today by giving us a call, or fill out our online form now to request a free price quote and consultation!