If your neighborhood experiences floods or high moisture levels, it’s important to protect your basement with proper waterproofing. Even the smallest amounts of water can build up and create large problems. Take preventative measures to avoid expensive fixes or dangerous health hazards.
There are several types of basement waterproofing systems you can add to your home, such as adding interior drainage systems to exterior pumps. Take advantage of the many ways you can add protection that keeps your home safe and dry even in emergencies. Let’s go over some of the ways basement waterproofing can benefit you!
Benefits of Basement Waterproofing Systems
No matter where you live, basements are prone to water seepage. But you can prevent extensive damage by adding proper waterproofing systems. If water enters your home, it can eventually lead to structural damage, mold growth, and even health hazards. Some of the benefits of adding a basement waterproofing system to your home include:
- Prevention of Structural Damage
- Minimizing Your Risk of Floods
- Protecting the Safety of Your Entire Family
- Reducing Humidity Levels
- Lowering Energy Bills
- And More
Effective Types of Basement Waterproofing Services
Now that you know the benefits of a professional waterproofing system, which types of services are right for your home? You can select one type of waterproofing or combine them for maximum protection. Some types of basement waterproofing services include:
- French Drains: Environmentally-friendly French drains prevent water from pooling around your home’s foundation.
- Sump Pumps: Sump pumps are placed inside and work to push water away from the interior of your home.
- Crawl Space Waterproofing: By waterproofing your crawl space, you can prevent moisture from growing in your home's most prone areas.
- Dehumidifiers: Adding a dehumidifier can prevent the growth of mold and mildew.
Receive a Professional Waterproofing Installation From an Experienced Basement Company
Since the early 1960s, Worthington Waterproofing has been helping the Delaware Valley protect their homes. As Certified BHA Waterproofing Specialists, we have the experience to make your home safer. Call our experts today to learn about our complete basement protection services including health systems, egress windows, and structural repairs. Get started with your free Delaware Valley home assessment when you complete our online form!
Subscribe to Worthington Waterproofing's Blog